Information covered by this statement
This Privacy Statement applies to the use and processing of personal information collected and used by Maughan Mitchell (MM).
By using the MM website and/or mobile applications or otherwise providing your personal information to MM, you agree to the collection, use and sharing of your information in accordance with this statement. Please read this Privacy Statement carefully and contact us if you have any questions.
Personal information is information, or any combination of separate pieces of information, that could be used to identify you.
Information Maughan Mitchell gathers
We may collect information about you from a variety of sources. This includes information we collect directly from you; information we collect when you visit our sites, view our online content or use our mobile applications or other services; and information we collect about you from other sources.
Information we collect directly from you
We collect information directly from you when you choose to participate in our offers and programs, create an account on our websites or in our mobile applications, call or email us, or otherwise provide information directly to us. The following are examples of information we may collect directly from you:
- Email address
- Postal address
- Username and password
- Telephone and/or fax number
- Payment information such as bank account details in respect of properties we market or manage.
Information we collect when you visit our sites, view our online ads or promotions, or use our mobile applications or other services
- Information about your device browser and operating system.
- IP address
- Web pages you view
- Links you click
- Emails you open from Maughan Mitchell
Information collected through Mobile Applications
When you download our mobile applications to your mobile device, we may also collect information that you provide. We also automatically collect information through our applications.
The following are examples of the types of information we may automatically collect through our applications:
- Marketing ID or similar identifier
- Information about your devices’ operating system
- Information about the way you use the application
Information Maughan Mitchell collects from other sources
We may obtain information about you from other sources, including publicly available sources, such as the Land Registry, Companies House, social media platforms or referral agents, etc. Examples of information we may collect from other sources are:
- Postal address
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Publicly observed activities or information made available by you to the public, such as blogs, videos, internet postings, and user generated content.
How Maughan Mitchell uses this information
We use the information we collect to provide you products, offers and services, to deliver to you advertisements, offers or other content tailored to your interests, and to conduct other MM business operations. The following are examples of how we may use the information we collect:
- Answer your questions or respond to your requests.
- Develop new products and services.
- Create and manage your account.
- Process payment for purchases or other services.
- Protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions.
- Send you email and/or postal messages with information about MM with content we think may be of interest to you.
- Telephone you about MM content we think may be of interest to you.
- Develop and provide marketing tailored to your interests, including interest-based marketing.
- Analyse the use of, and develop, our products, services and marketing. Enforce our Terms and Conditions and otherwise manage our business.
MM will only process your information in pursuance of our legitimate interest if we receive any requests related to, for example, a product or service, a call-back, or specific marketing materials; we will use your personal information to fulfil your request. Where we need to manage your account and protect you against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, we will do so in accordance with our legal obligation placed on us under law.
The success of our business depends on your trust, and we do not sell or share your personal information to third party marketers outside of MM unless you consent to such sharing. We share your personal information within MM and as described in this statement.
Third party service providers
We may occasionally engage third party service providers to perform a variety of business operations on our behalf. In so doing, we may share your personal information with them. We provide our service providers with only the personal information they need in order to perform the services we request, and we require that they protect this information appropriately and not use it for any other purpose.
For example, we may rely on a 3rd party service provider to:
- Fulfil your service requests and answer your questions.
- Host our sites and deliver our email or other communications.
- Manage payments or take other actions on our behalf.
- Analyse our data, sometimes combined with data from other sources, to send you communications.
- Conduct research and analyse data to improve our products, services and sites.
- Perform other services that we request.
We may transfer or otherwise process your personal information:
- As part of the sale of a MM brand to another company.
- When we have received your instruction to pass the sale of your property to another agent
- To protect, defend or exercise the rights and property of MM (including enforcing our Terms and Conditions).
- When required by law and/or government authorities.
Personal Information Retention Period
We will retain Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
Aggregated and non-personal information
We share aggregated and/or anonymous information that does not identify you for MM business purposes. For example, we may disclose the number of visitors to MM sites or services. We may also share aggregated and/or anonymous information with our business partners for their own business purposes.
Your communication options
We give you choices about how we communicate with you.
Email and Postal Communications
You can stop receiving marketing or promotional email messages from MM by requesting us to stop.
We will not use promotional mobile text messaging. We may text message you on a direct business/service related matter.
You and your information
To the extent provided for by applicable law, you have certain rights in respect of the management of the personal data we hold about you.
Access & Data Deletion
We want to keep your personal information accurate.
If information access and update are not available where you registered, contact us by telephone or email.
Cookies and Other Technologies
MM and our third-party service providers use a variety of technologies to assess how our sites or mobile applications are used, to personalize your experience and to deliver you marketing, including online content, tailored to your interests. Some technologies we may use include the following:
Maughan Mitchell website has cookies.
A cookie is a small file placed on your device when you visit a site that can be understood by the site that issued the cookie. We use the information collected by cookies to remember who you are to log you in and your preferences, to provide you advertisements, offers or other content tailored to your interests and to assess how our sites are used. You can accept or decline cookies through your browser settings. To learn more, please look at the cookie settings available in your specific web browser(s). Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our sites or other websites and online services.
Maughan Mitchell is committed to keeping personal information secure.
We limit access to personal information to those who have a business need. We keep personal information only for so long as deemed reasonably necessary.
Our sites are not directed to children and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children on our sites.
Links to other websites and apps
Our Sites may provide links to other websites and apps for your convenience and information. These websites and apps operate independently from us. Linked sites and apps may have their own privacy
notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked websites or apps are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for their content, any use of the websites or apps, or the privacy practices of the websites or apps.
Updates to our Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time.